After assessing your church’s health, the next step is to plan how to improve your ministry effectiveness through a dialogue with your leadership team. The goal is to identify specific changes to improve your effectiveness in your God-given mission. This process typically reviews your existing long-range vision and goals, leadership roles, organization structure, operating systems and ministry skills.
Transition and Turning Points – We understand that occasionally bad things happen in good churches, but God’s Word and our experience show that these often are God’s methods of re-shaping our hearts and ministry. As you prayerfully consider God’s plan for the future, we’d love to come alongside you with staff, partners, tools and sensitivity to assist you.
- Interim Pastors. Churches sometimes find themselves between Pastors, and this is the perfect time to listen to God afresh and consider his directions for the future. Interim Pastors Ministries (IPM) is a trusted partner who assists in the development of healthy churches by providing quality interim pastors who are experienced and trained to serve in transitional or interventionist roles. They serve congregations of all sizes with experienced pastors who bring experience, wisdom, maturity and experience and are willing to serve either full-time or part-time. For more information, click here to visit the IPM Ministries website.
- Healing the Heart of Your Church. Pastors often realize that their congregations and leaders have been negatively impacted by painful crises long before they arrived. Unless these issues get addressed the right way, the fabric of your church will continue to unravel and limit the effectiveness of all ministry initiatives, no matter how sincere, gifted or experienced the leaders and people may be. Blessing Point Ministries exists to repair the holes and damage done to the God-story your church was intended to tell. For more information on this exciting ministry option, click here to visit the Blessing Point Ministries website.
Vision Casting – There are many comprehensive planning tools to assist in this process, but we strongly recommend the Church Unique Vision Lab process, because of its focus of identifying God’s unique plan for your church through a collaborative process involving Pastors, staff and church leaders. The Southeast District offers several options for these labs, including:
- Vision pre::Lab/Workshop A 1-day/4-hour workshop for 10-12 key church leaders to help define God’s unique ministry concept for your local congregation, based on an analysis of your local community, congregational potential and leadership focus.
- Vision Lab A 6-month Vision process that takes your Vision Team of 10-12 church leaders through a formal vision process to identify God’s unique call and ministry opportunities. The Labs typically meet for one 4-hour session per month, for 6 months, but can be tailored to suit the unique demands of your local congregation.
- Vision co::Lab A 6-month Vision process in which you and a small team of 3-5 church leaders meet with 2-4 similar church teams from the area for train-the-trainer coaching. You then return to your local church and lead a bigger Vision Team of 10-12 leaders through the Vision Lab experience. The co::Labs typically meet for one 4-hour session per month, for 6 months.
- Vision On-Site Consults Our SED representatives are available to meet side-by-side with your church leadership team to develop your vision plan on your timetable.
Missional Renewal – This is simply renewing our commitment to make disciples in our local community and around the world. EFCA Southeast is teaming with ReachGlobal to offer Mission Strategy Workshops to help your church clearly identify ministry opportunities that you are uniquely suited for and called to.
- “The Five” Disciplemaking Workshop is a 5-hour interactive forum for church leaders to re-focus on the disciplemaking mission of the church with an emphasis on developing a plan for accomplishing this Biblical man date throughout all church ministries. Click here for an overview of the workshop.
- Crafting Your Missions Strategy is a fast paced 4-hour workshop that launches your church into crafting a mission strategy based on Biblical compassion, your local church DNA, maximizing your influence around the world, and partnering with indigenous movement leaders. The session allows your leadership team to determine how God is gifting your church to fulfill the Great Commission.
- Completing Your Missions Strategy is a multi-session workshop that enables your leaders to finalize your missions strategy in either six 2-hour, or three 4-hour sessions. The process explains how to select a dynamic missions strategy team, and how that team can establish missions priorities, areas of focus, goals and write out a simple strategy that lives out the Great Commission locally and around the world.
Leadership Development – As Christian leaders, we are often promoted to positions of extreme isolation where we are expected to know everything. Click on the links below to explore some unique training to maintain your personal development, inspiration, and situational awareness.
- Regional Pastors Meetings connect pastors and ministry leaders in a forum to encourage one another and share ideas and
newfound resources. Based on geography, all pastoral staff and ministry leaders of the EFCA Southeast are welcome and encouraged to join in. If you would like to get involved, please contact Ed Kaylor, Associate Superintendent, at 205-903-6607.
- Life Beyond Imagination is a purpose discovery process that enables ANYONE to discover and thrive in your unique God-given purpose. LBI was originally developed by EFCA’s Cast Member Church of Walt Disney World to provide clarity, confidence, and courage for Christ-followers to make a unique impact in the world for Christ. Our process is filled with inspiring leadership, innovative tools, and influential Biblical principles to offer you a life changing journey. The class takes place in a virtual community of no more than eight people for 26 weeks (1 hour per week). In a few months, leaders can move from the ordinary into the extraordinary as promised in John 10:10 and Ephesians 3:20-21. LBI will enable you to wake up everyday with a passion that says, “I was born for this!” We guarantee a process that will empower you and your unique God-given purpose for the rest of your life. For more information, click here.
Outreach Planning – Personal evangelism, community engagement & assimilation
Ministry Systems Development – Record keeping, financial management, human resource management, benevolence, long-term care and security
Facility Management – Operation, maintenance, aesthetics and landscaping
Restructuring – Efficiently aligning your personnel with your unique mission
Resources – Demographic reports, conference list, reference material
For more information on any of these efforts, please contact Jim Boone by e-mail at email@example.com, or by phone at 904-535-7340.